- Main areas of expertise: documentaries, current affairs, factual entertainment
- Started editing in 1985
- Uses Avid, Final Cut Pro
- 1st Diploma in Film and TV studies from Harrow Film School
With a background in film editing, Bill made the jump to offline and online editing in the 1980s. He is widely experienced in all genres and has worked with many well-known directors and series producers. He can work well under pressure and always brings his creative input to a project.
He has worked on programmes for Stuart Prebble, Judith Dawson, Ken Russell, Aubrey Powell and Stephen Frears, to name just a few.
- Extraordinary People: Teenage OAP The story of Zara Hartshorn and her search for an answer to the disease which, at 16, makes her look much older. Barcroft Productions for Channel 5
- Raiders of the Lost Past 3 x 1 hour programmes telling the story of great mysteries throughout history and the people who claimed to have solved them. Yesterday TV
- All Roads Lead Home A series about natural navigation featuring Allison Steadman, Sue Perkins and Steven Mangan, all of whom have to find their way around without a compass, map or satnav. BBC 2
- The Grumpy Guide to Driving The Grumpies vent their spleens on modern day road users and the hell of driving. Liberty Bell Productions for BBC2
- Les Mis at 25: Matt Lucas Dreams the Dream A Christmas special following Matt Lucas as he joins the cast of this amazing long-running show. BBC 2
- Monte Carlo or Bust A factual comedy series starring Jack Dee, Ade Edmonson, Rory McGrath, Penny Smith and Julian Clary as they race across France. Modern Television for ITV
- Frank Skinner on George Formby An affectionate look at one of Britain’s most popular entertainers by one of his biggest fans. BBC 4
- Michael Portillo: Digging Up The Past The tragic story of what happened to ordinary people under Franco’s regime, including Michael’s father. BBC 4
- How Britain Got the Gardening Bug Feature length special on our relationship with our gardens since WWII. BBC 4
- Alistair Campbell: Cracking Up Alistair tells the story of his own nervous breakdown. BBC2
- Death of a Schoolfriend The moving story of a young man’s suicide and the impact it has had on his family over the years. BBC2
- Songbook Series 1, 2 and 3 Interviews and live acoustic performances from artists such as Phil Collins, Jarvis Cocker, Don McClean, James Blunt and many more. Liberty Bell for Sky Arts
- Heston Blumenthal : Perfection Two episodes featuring this amazing chef’s take on everyday dishes. BBC 2
- Nigella Kitchen Christmas special featuring Nigella at her indulgent best. BBC 2
- Making the Steamroller Fly An in-depth look at Jean Michel Jarre and his amazing concerts.