- Main areas of expertise: News, features, documentary, promos. Self-shooter Fluent in Greek, Spanish, French and conversational German and Italian.
- Started editing in 2008
- Uses Avid Media Composer, Newscutter, Final Cut Pro, Premier Pro. Interplay
- BA (Hons) in Film and Video - University for the Creative Arts - Surrey
Degree in French Language and Literature - Aristotle University - Greece
Maria is a committed and result-driven professional with a proactive approach, a can-do attitude and a very good sense of storytelling. She is used to working as part of a team and is equally confident working alone, using her own initiative. She has strong storytelling sense and strong organisation and communication skills. Is able to work under pressure whilst meeting deadlines and targets.
- NBC – Freelance Video Editor – Editing news packages on Avid Media Composer (Interplay)
- Al Jazeera – Freelance Video Editor – Editing news and sports packages on Avid Newscutter (Interplay).
- ITV – Freelance Video Editor – Editing packages for Good Morning Britain, Loose Women and Lorraine on Avid Newscutter.
- London Live – Freelance Video Editor -Editing a series of factual entertainment shows on Premiere Pro CC.
- ITN / ITV News – Freelance Video Editor – Editing content for the teatime and 10 o’clock news on Avid Newscutter (Interplay).
- Arise Networks – Freelance Video Editor – Editing news and factual entertainment packages on Avid Media Composer 6.5 (Interplay) .
- Still The Enemy Within – Offline Editor -Editing scenes for a feature documentary on Avid Media Composer 6.5.
- Playing The Game – Film Editor, dir. Jeremy Timings – Editing a short film on Avid Media Composer 7, shot on RED
- Microsoft / Soho Productions – Editing a series of promos and presentation videos for Xbox 1 on Premiere Pro CC
- The Search for Simon – Additional Film Editor, dir. Martin Gooch – Editing scenes for a feature film on FCP 7
- Deutsche Bank (AVM-Impact) – Editing a series of bespoke videos for Deutsche Bank, on FCP 7 and Premiere CS6
- Video Productions London – Producing and editing bespoke videos on both Avid Media Composer 5.5 and Final Cut Pro 7 for companies (e.g. Jamesford Consulting), organisations (e.g. Living Streets, ClearlySo) and institutions (e.g. Embassy of Uruguay – Economic and Trade Section).
- Divine Chocolate – Director & Editor – Pitching an original idea to Divine Chocolate and winning the competition in order to direct and produce a short viral video, “The Kissing Booth”
- BSkyB – Reversioning a multitude of series for broadcast, using Avid Media Composer within Avid Interplay and laying shows off on tape in various formats, in a busy MCR, operating HDCAM-SR, DigiBeta and BetaSP VTRs.
- FBC Media – Editing Third Eye, BBC World, a documentary series, World Business, CNBC Europe & PBS, a business show and a technology and a sports show, TechWatch and Business of Sports, respectively for airline distribution. This includes digitising from SD and HD tape formats; ingesting rushes from card and disc based recording media and being responsible for transferring the projects to an online facility (AAFs and OMFIs). Furthermore, operating HDCAM-SR, DigiBeta, Beta SP and DVcam recorders, encoding files to various formats and codecs using Avid Media Composer, Final Cut Pro and Encore and creating low-res QuickTime and MP4 files for client previews. Logging and transferring all relevant media and being responsible for the media management within the company’s archiving system; sourcing adequate music.